BTM Adopted by CIPS!
The Business Technology Management (BTM) initiative and accreditation processes have been adopted by the Canadian Information Processing Society (CIPS). A Business Technology Management Council (BTMC) was setup to support this initiative and the associated processes. UAM defines the IT Architecture portion of the BTM standardization and accreditation initiative. This is a significant step in developing Canada-wide standards for accreditation of IT professionals.
CIPS (Canadian Information Processing Society) is a national federation of Provincial Information Processing Societies who certify IT professionals in Canada and abroad. Since 1958 CIPS has helped advance Canada’s IT profession by fostering standards, best practices, and integrity for the benefit of IT professionals and the public interest. As “Canada’s Association of Information Technology Professionals” they represent thousands of members across the country.
Multiple five star reviews on Amazon!
A sample of the reviews:
- “I applaud the author for accomplishing all that he has. He has taken software development methodologies industry best practices, customized them with his own material — some of which I find refreshingly unique, made them available in a customizable repository, and written this great book on how to use it.
This book is nicely organized and easy to read. It does a great job of presenting the material. I highly recommend it to anyone interested in learning more about IT Architecture and SDLC (Systems Development Life Cycle) tailoring.”
- “The very best book I’ve ever seen on IT Architecture. And I’ve seen a lot. I am an ‘Enterprise Architect’ in a Fortune 20 company, and have been for decades. This book seems to bring more knowledge together in a single place than any other IT Architecture book I’ve ever seen.”
UAM now Freely Available Under EUPL
Version 2.0.4 of the UAM Methodology is now free to use under EUPL:
* Licensed under the EUPL, (the “Licence”);
* You may not use this work except in compliance with the Licence.
* You may obtain a copy of the Licence at: https://joinup.ec.europa.eu/collection/eupl/about
* Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the Licence is distributed on an “AS IS” basis,
* WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
* See the Licence for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the Licence.
UAM Adopted by BTM – BOK
The UAM Methodology has been adopted by the Business Technology Management (BTM) forum Body Of Knowledge (BOK) initiative. UAM defines the IT Architecture portion of this significant Canadian initiative.
The Information Technology Association of Canada (ITAC) created the BTM Forum “to promote a renewed sense of community and help map the many career paths crossing business and technology functions. It launched the BTM Forum to help develop new professional certifications, program accreditation standards, and learning guides to help prepare the next generation of digital transformation leaders.”
Update: As indicated above, BTM is now associated with CIPS, the Canadian Information Processing Society!